Meet Our Acupuncturists
Chad Houfek, L.Ac.Owner of Charleston Community Acupuncture, Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist Chad Houfek is a Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of South Carolina, and is nationally certified by the NCCAOM as a Diplomat of Chinese Herbal Medicine. As an Orthopedic Acupuncture Specialist, he has a wide range of clinical experience and has treated people of all ages with many health issues. He believes that acupuncture can change the way we look at our health, body, mind and spirit. After graduating from College of Charleston, in 2002 he earned his Master of Science degree in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2009 from Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado. He is currently working on getting his Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese medicine through Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. When he is not at work or studying he enjoys spending time with his family and friends, going to the beach and playing music.
Nilsa Ayn Compton, L.AcLicensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist Nilsa is nationally certified by the NCCAOM as a Diplomat in Oriental Medicine. Nilsa has successfully treated many health issues, is passionate about her work and wholeheartedly believes in the effectiveness of this medicine for staying healthy and balanced. After getting her BA from Loyola University in 1995, she earned a Master of Science degree in Oriental Medicine from Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2005. Nilsa loves to dance, practice yoga and swim in the ocean for wellness and relaxation.
What People Are Saying
– YMBefore finding Charleston Community Acupuncture, I was deeply concerned I would never dance again because of pain issues. Nilsa and Chad listened to me and truly heard me. They helped me return to my former self in a natural way while on a budget. I am truly grateful and tell everyone I know about them.
– PNVery professional and effective! I’ve been seeing Charleston Community Acupuncture for over a year and so happy I decided to try it. I originally went in for pain relief from a pinched nerve and now go for other pain issues. Nilsa & Chad are wonderful acupuncturists and I am grateful they provide their services at a cost I can afford.
– MHCharleston Community Acupuncture is a healing center with mindful treatments at an affordable rate. I highly recommend it to anyone considering acupuncture.
– HCTreatments that work! Affordable. Wonderful staff. Clean and comfortable.
– MDCharleston Community Acupuncture has been a real blessing. The staff has been very helpful and the rates are radically cheaper than anywhere else. Moreover, going has helped me keep my chronic pain at bay and avoid pain killers.